1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

InfraRed Remote Switch (6 devices + 1 fan) -AT89S51

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

This Project ?REMOTE CONTROLLED SWITCH BOARD? is used to switch on/off the Home Appliances by using a standard Remote control. The system is used to switch on/off upto six electrical devices.
    All the above processes are controlled by the 8 bit Microcontroller AT89C52. The Microcontroller receives the Infrared Signal from the receiver and it decodes and switch on/off the appropriate Device. The Range of the system is unto 10 meters.
    The project can switch on/off electrical devices of maximum load current of 5Amperes. High power loads can also be connected by changing the Relay. The conditions of the devices are stored in the EEPROM IC. And the devices will come to the original state after the power failure.
    The Microcontroller is used receive the Infrared signal from the Transmitter, the received signal is processed by the Microcontroller and according to the signal the corresponding device is switched On/off.
    Program: View attachment remote.zip
    asif iqbal and numan qaiser like this.
  2. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

Hello Binu :D

First Things First, Congratulations & thanks a million for providing us with such a WONDERFUL site dedicated to embedded technologies.

its people like YOU, who motivate us to learn tough subject like micros in a simple way. BRAVO! and KEEP UP the GOOD WORK.[8D]

in a world full of selfish people, you have openly put up your hard work on the net for use of others, hats off to you dear friend!:)

iam an MBA,28, Electronics hobbyist from Hyderabad,, since class 10 iam into electronics, and recently (2 months ) started learning microcontollers -8051.

your website has all the projects which i wanted to work with. thanks !

coming to the point, i tried yur IR remote switch board Project, but without success, some vital info is missing like which IR sensor (TSOP 1738-38 KHZ) RC5 or Sony format is to used etc.

can you pl. come up with simpler version without using EEprom and simple zero cross detection . my assembled circuit doesn't work:(

awaiting your reply ASAP

arun
    numan qaiser and Binu like this.
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

You can eliminate Zero crossing detector if you dont want the speed control of fan, and you can also eliminate EEPROM if you dont want the backup the status of the devices.

You have also want to change the program, if u want to eliminate the above.

You can only use TSOP 1638, for receiving infrared signals.

I will post soon a project, which is used for only switching.

J.Binu
  4. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

Hello Binu,

thankx for quick reply!

iam afraid TSOP 1638 is not available in Hyderabad, pl. tell me if its output is high or low when detects 38Khz IR signal, normally Tsop 1738's output goes LOW if it detects 38KHz IR signal

i hope your circuit is based on Phillips RC5 format IR encoding & decoding and not on SONY's format.

Binu, a small suggestion, along with Projects code and Circuit diagram and PCBs can you please put up the algorithm of the project so that interested learners can understand the logic used in the program and try to develop their own code rather than merely copying the code:)

arun
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

Yes, the Tsop 1738's output goes LOW if it detects 38KHz IR signal.
    and my circuit is based on Phillips RC5 format

J.Binu
  6. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

hello binu

sorry to bug you, but you've answered half the question, the IR sensor your circuit uses is TSOP 1738 or TSOP 1638 ?

i,ve used Tsop 1738 and it doesn't work with your circuit

arun
  7. ankit_ec

ankit_ec New Member

Binu ji,
    i m a 1st yr EC student....n i wanna know abt the softwares mandatory in EC and in projects like ur REMOTE CONTROL SWITCH BOARD...
  8. Binu

Binu Administrator

9. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

Hello Binu

Your website is always updated and NICE to see your site's new getup !

i have modified your program without EEPROM and 40 pin MCU (89S52)

iam using 20 pin 89C2051 instead with LED display(for speed)and 3.6V Ni-Mh PCB mount back up battery to store RAM status.:D

you have given 8 speeds but the fan starts to work only from 6 to 8 speeds and not on 1 to 5 speeds, any comments on this

also can you please put up the methodolgy in calculating TH0 & TL0 reload values to get PWM

thankx
    arun
  10. Binu

Binu Administrator

check the TRIAC outputs by connecting the output to a AC voltmeter and notice the output voltages. For speed 0=0V, 1=~150v, 2=~160v and go on, and for 8=~full voltage.
    I choose the TH0 & TL0 by trial and error method with the output voltage.

J.Binu