1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

water tank measurement by ultrasound or ultrasonic waves

Discussion in 'New Ideas regarding projects' started by 007elil, Jun 12, 2011.

1. 007elil

007elil New Member

I want project to measure water tank in litres thru ultrasound or ultrasonic waves,it should be monitrized by pc.

pls help me .
    Tags:
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

Nice idea. Just place the ultrasonic sensor on the top of the tank and connect the sensor output to PC to monitor the water level.
    i will try to give a project with PC monitoring.
  3. ravin.sardhara

ravin.sardhara New Member

hi you just need to interface ultrasonic sensor to 8051 using interrupt 0.
    then by sending pulse and u have to start timer.
    once u receive the pulse,stop the timer....
    the time delay is nothing but the time required to travel the wave from sensor to waterlevel surface and again back to sensor.
    so divide that time by 2.which is propertional to distance between sensor and waterlevel surface.
    u can send that data to pc using max232 ic and u can receive that data to hyperterminal
  4. 007elil

007elil New Member

thanks sir i am waiting for u
  5. 007elil

007elil New Member

6. ChinaAlite

ChinaAlite New Member

Hello guys I test my own water but wanted to see if there are any stores close to Chula Vista are that will test my water for me just want to double check my parameters.
  7. Alexli

Alexli New Member

真是好主意!
  8. Alexli

Alexli New Member

The propagation speed of ultrasonic waves in the air is 340m/s. If the propagation time of ultrasonic waves in the air can be measured, the distance of propagation can be calculated. Ultrasonic measurement of liquid level is to measure the distance of sound wave transmission by measuring the time gap of ultrasonic propagation. The propagation time t measured by the controller, according to the sound velocity v=340m/s, the spatial distance L from the liquid surface to the probe can be obtained. The distance from the probe to the bottom of the tank is H, and the liquid level in the container is h.
    The calculation formula is: h=H-L where L=VxT/2
    Since the temperature has an influence on the speed of sound, the air temperature T needs to be measured to correct the speed of sound.
    The revised formula is: v=331.46xT (°C)
    It is worth noting that when the water level in the water tank is too high and reaches the blind area of the ultrasonic liquid level gauge, the phenomenon of wave loss will be displayed, so an alarm device should be set to prevent the water level from being too high.
  9. Alexli

Alexli New Member

When measuring the level of still water (pools, water tanks or liquid tanks), the measurement method is used to measure the level of still liquids in open containers. Put the tank level sensor vertically into the bottom of the container and fix it for measurement.