1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

USB 8051/AVR programmer

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. Gaurav Chaudhary

Gaurav Chaudhary New Member

binu sir
    i m faceing chip enable error

i can avoid chip enable error only if i use j1 jumper at pin 25 on it means slow programming but in slow sck mode i can only read the chip not write
    in the writeing session varification failed and same data is being written in to the chip every time

some chinise blogs on internet says chip enable error is due to some problem is occur when

reset signal is not successfully established in a short time the reason with target

any solution plz help

i can read and write fuse bit

plase help me

one of my mcu is gone locked due to this

plese please help me out

i m requesting you for help
  3. faudzee

faudzee New Member

Hi Mr. Binu,

I've successful built my USB 8051/AVR programmer, it is so useful for me as a student but the only problem that I faced is fail to program AT89S2051, any tip or clue? For the rest of 8051 like AT89S51/52 and the AVR chips it worked fine. Please help me.
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

I havent checked with AT89S2051 micros. But it should work on it. Check the power supply and pin connections to the microcontroller.
  5. faudzee

faudzee New Member

I've checked the connections and the voltage they all seems okay. I'm using voltage supply from USB port and this has worked for AT89S51/52 and the AVR chips . Can you pls. find the solution for this problem. My email is ezlitar@yahoo.com.
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

Did you take care of the pin connections to reset, MISO, MOSI and SCK?
    Whats the crystal value you are using with 89s2051?
  7. faudzee

faudzee New Member

The Crystal that I was using was 12Mhz and all the connections were right. Actually I have built a development board with 3 ZIF sockets, first ZIF socket is for AT89S51/52, second ZIF socket is for ATMega16/48 and the third one is for AT89s2051/52. These 3 ZIF sockets are sharing together the crystal and at any time only one chip can be use for programming. But when come the time to program AT89S2051 the error 'chip enable' come out on the screen whereas they all are sharing together the same lines for MOSI, MISO, SCK, Reset as well as power and Gnd. For your information, for AT89S51/52 and ATMega8 are all okay, can be programmed witout any problem.
  8. a9999

a9999 New Member

Hi!
    I've successful with avr programmer but problem 8051: chip not support. Please help me!
  9. lenicute

lenicute New Member

hello Mr. Binu
    i newbie
    can i get a schematic pcb for that USB 8051/AVR programmer AT89s52.
    i dont understand how to connect ISP circuit with programmer AVR.
    please help me....
  10. sstefanov

sstefanov New Member

Is it possible to use ATMega48 instead of ATMega8?