1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

SMS through Telephone (AT89S8252)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

The main objective of this system is to transmit message or text through ordinary Land Line Telephone from one end (source) to another end (designation). This is get achieved by the DTMF technology. It has two sections one for editing the text and to transmit the edited text and the other section consist for receiving the text message. The system works on the DTMF technology. (Dual Tone Multiple Frequency).
    It involves several steps. They are

• DTMF decoding/Encoding process
    • Ring sensing
    • ON/OFF hook detection
    • Displaying the message in LCD
    The above process is get achieved by the microcontroller AT89S8252.Thus Microcontroller controls the whole system.
    Program: View attachment sms.zip
  2. zulazfar86

zulazfar86 New Member

hello, nice to meet you. I,m am a Mechatronic Engineering Student. This semester, I need to do a mini project about 8051 microcontoller program. im am really attracted about this sms through telephone. can u make me a flow chart about this program. beside that, can u make a program how to program the keypad and lcd. Your post program seem to be complicated for the beginner like me. Your kindness really appreciated.
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

4. zulazfar86

zulazfar86 New Member

Is it so? so can u make me how to configure the keypad? what i mean is the program for keypad. I already try to make an assembly program for keypad but it not work. beside that the port configuration. i really need your help to accomplish my project.
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

6. PIDEER

PIDEER New Member

Hi Mr. Binu,
    I saw your idea, and was very much interested in this.I want to know, if I can send the SMS to a Mobile phone from the Land Line Telephone.Also i would like to know a little theory for your work.It looks excellent, and i want to use it in my minor project. Please, any help will be very wonderful and i will be greatful to u..
    thanx
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

8. PIDEER

PIDEER New Member

ok...if i want to save any data on the ROM of 8051 by using switches..can i do that??
  9. PIDEER

PIDEER New Member

Also, 1 doubt.I cant get this info from a proper source, maybe my search was wrong.But , can u plz help me understand what happens after the phone is picked up.I mean, if i m calling a phone, and then if it is picked up, i want to control relays using a particular number.Will the DTMF chip identify the numbers i press after the hone has been recieved?
  10. Binu

Binu Administrator