1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

RFID Based Attendance System (AT89S52 + RFID)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

The attendance system is basically an embedded one. Embedded stands for ?hardware controlled by software?. Here, the software using a Microcontroller controls all the hardware components. The microcontroller plays an important role in the system.
    The main objective of the system is to uniquely identify and to make attendance for a person. This requires a unique product, which has the capability of distinguishing different person. This is possible by the new emerging technology RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). The main parts of an RFID system are RFID tag (with unique ID number) and RFID reader (for reading the RFID tag). In this system, RFID tag and RFID reader used are operating at 125KHz. The EEPROM used for storing the details has the capability of storing 256 person details at a time. The PC can be used for restoring all the details of attendance made.
    This report provides a clear picture of hardware and software used in the system. It also provides an overall view with detailed discussion of the operation of the system.
    Program: View attachment atten.zip
  2. neha

neha New Member

hi,
    Topic:RFID Based Attendence System

I want to know that how RFID sensing is done.
    Please reply me as soon as possible.
    Thank You.

neha
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

4. salbawa

salbawa New Member

Dear Binu, The 'atten1' image confuses me and am unable to link it to 'atten' image. The power supply in 'atten1' image is fine, but how to link the 'rfid reader' image to the 'atten' image. What is the 'rfid reader' IC number? Please help me to link this part of 'atten1' circuit with the circuit in 'atten' image. Thank you.

S K Bawa
  5. Binu

Binu Administrator

Interconnect the connector A on both circuit. RFID reader is a product from www.sparrl.com
    It gives out serial data of the ID it read.

J.Binu
  6. hiteshradia

hiteshradia New Member

Dear binu ji
    i liked your project idea very much, but can u plz clear my foll. doubts
    1. how do i use the attendance.a51 file to program the atmel micro
    2 how do i use the rs232to interface to pc and can i develop a program in VB to get all attendance and prepare a report.
    3 what format of data does the hardware send to the pc
    4 and can i implement security like PIN no. for this circuit

xpecting areply from u soon hitesh
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

1. You should convert the source code to HEX file by using the Assembler, you can get it from www.raisonance.com
    2. Yes you can develop VB project to get report
    3. Its in RS232 Serial Format and the data are
    ( @, date, month, year, day, hour, min, secs, A/P, #, name of the card owner, $ )

for example if me (Binu) show the card at 28july2007 at 3.38pm then the data sent to the PC will be as follows
    @280707060338P#Binu$

4. Yes you can implement PIN numbers

J.Binu
  8. hiteshradia

hiteshradia New Member

thank u binu ji for the answers i m going to implement this project for my final year project (be). if there's anything else ill ask u in this topic ,

thanx again for replying,3
    hitesh
  9. hiteshradia

hiteshradia New Member

one more thing binu ji
    1.where can i get these RFID based Cards, do i have to approach a COMPANY for getting these tag CARDS made ior i can make custom cards myself with some equipment(inexpensive)
    1.is there any way i can change the sequence of data: ie: can i add an ID for a person
  10. Binu

Binu Administrator

You can get the RFID reader and card from www.sparrl.com

you can change the program to add the ID for a person

J.Binu