1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

PC Based GPS

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

The advent of new high-speed technologies and the growing computer capacity provided realistic opportunity for new cost effective technologies and realization of new methods of innovations. This technical improvement together with the need for high performance techniques created faster, more accurate and more intelligent products using new drives and advanced control algorithms.

This project describes a new economical solution of Global positioning systems. The presented PC BASED GPS DRIVER can be used for different sophisticated applications. The control system consists of a PC, a GPS receiver that collect data from the satellite and an interface kit to send the data to the PC through the serial port.

The position conversion software has been developed using high-level graphical programming language (visual basic). A complete solution of a global positioning solution is presented in this project. The GPS receiver receives the latitudinal and longitudinal data, from the satellite for finding the exact position of the receiver kit on the Earth?s surface and also the real-time position can be viewed from the map.
    Program: View attachment gps.zip
  2. chandanjha

chandanjha New Member

hi sir
    i was tryiin to view the ur program on "pc based gps", but after downloading it , its promptiiing me tat the file is corrupt and cant be viewed..
    could u help me out ,
    thank you
    chandanjha_eee2004@yahoo.co.in
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

No, the file is zipped and the download works correctly. please try up more

J.Binu
  4. milanweld

milanweld New Member

i am yash doshi i am the member of your site i was thinking to make this project of pc based gps but i am not getting where is the interface cicuit which will contact satellite and my circuit please sir its urgent i would be happy if u reply to me as early as possible

student
  5. milanweld

milanweld New Member

6. Binu

Binu Administrator

7. milanweld

milanweld New Member

sir but how will i connect this gps receiver to the project i am just dilpoma level student so i dont know to design anything myself so i will have to ask even a smallest of thing what will be the approximate cost of project if i make it myself and what will be the cost of gps receiver

student
  8. Binu

Binu Administrator

The cost of the GPS used in this project will be around Rs.5000.
    The output of the GPS will the like an ordinary serial port.

J.Binu
  9. milanweld

milanweld New Member

sir according to you should i make this projet on diploma level or should i go for another project please can you suggest me other project

student
  10. milanweld

milanweld New Member

i heard that we have to caonnect to four satellite for reciving data is it true is.should i have to use some satellite service or pay for it or just the reciver will do all work i wanted to know the cost of whole project ie pc based gps with gps reciver or anything else if it needs

student