1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

make logic 5v dc power supply from variable 5v-12v ac

Discussion in 'New Ideas regarding projects' started by amanjeetindia, Oct 6, 2010.

1. amanjeetindia

amanjeetindia New Member

in my honda eterno scooter i have a variable voltage from 5v-12v ac and i want a constant 5v dc logic supply from this variable voltage for my project. when i increase the speed with accelerator voltage increase and decrease when release accelerator release..

which circuit will give me a constant 5v logic voltage for running project based on 8051 projects. it should not effect existing wiring and electrical power of the scooter...

thanx in advance

make logic 5v dc power supply from variable 5v-12v ac
  2. tibbu

tibbu Super Moderator Staff Member

i think eterno has 12V lead acid battery in it. if yes then why you are talking about 5V-12V AC?
    well what is your current requirement? so that we can suggest a step down circuit.
    what you want to do with that variable voltage output from throttle ?

awaiting response
  3. amanjeetindia

amanjeetindia New Member

it has no battery...
    i need to run microcontroller 8051 microcontroller from the power so i need logic 5 volt DC
  4. tibbu

tibbu Super Moderator Staff Member

i think using a 6VDC lead acid battery will be easy in this case, because power generated by scooter varies according to engine speed so stability will be a problem.
  5. amanjeetindia

amanjeetindia New Member

it the main issue here....that the problem..if i use battery i have to charge this...then i again i have to remove battery and charge then install again after charging
  6. pratheek

pratheek New Member

If you had an almost constant input voltage, then you could have used the LM7805 with good filtering capacitors.

But the LM7805 requires an input voltage of 6V or greater. And it might not output 5V with input voltage varying, like in your application.

Try using a Low Dropout Voltage Regulator, or a 3.3V Voltage Regulator.
  7. asking

asking New Member

Very simple, use Bridge Rectifier and you will get DC output now use that DC output directly to LM7805. Because as far as i know...you Aleternator voltage would never go below 5-6VAC and when u rectifier into DC it will be always minimum 7Volt DC with less current. So just use 2200uf 2 capacitors in parallel which will provide constant power even when you accelerator is lowered to zero.

i hope that helps. Please refer to the attached image.

Attached Files:

8. banhkemsua7

banhkemsua7 Banned