1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Interfacing zigbee with AT89S52 microcontroller

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers' started by aravind_22, May 26, 2013.

1. aravind_22

aravind_22 New Member

I need to interface zigbee module with AT89S52 microcontroller. As per the datasheet zigbee works on 3.3v.
    can i connect it to the port of AT89S52 microcontroller which works on 5v?
    I am using separate power supply. i.e 3.3v for zigbee and 5v for AT89S52 microcontroller.
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

No you cant use it. You need to use a level convertor in between the zigbee and microcontroller.
    Else you can use AT89C2051 microcontroller which works on 3.3v.
    Else you can use this circuit also.
    image.jpg
  3. Franklin Francis

Franklin Francis New Member

Hi Binu

Can you help me by sending a Circuit Diagram for zigbee interfacing ... is there any previous project posts on Zigbee?

Frank
  4. cicek

cicek New Member

aravind_22, There are multiple IC, bidirectional and unidirectional buffers and level converters that can do the job for you. Simple connect one side to the controller and the other one to zigbee. I think it’s fairly simple. If most of your other interfaces require 5V, keep this controller, however if your main task is to interface with zigbee, change the controller to one operating on 3.3V.

circuit assembly
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015