1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

interfacing keyboard to 8051 problem

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers' started by slatch, Jan 22, 2008.

1. slatch

slatch New Member

Sir
    i am a student and want to implement this but the problem is that when i used your code and schematics even then i got some problem and i could not transfer the data to pc accurately. rather i could see nothing. please guide me how to perform this project
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

Are you using keypad or PC keyboard or some other thing, whats the problem you obtained. post it here then only i can found out the error.
    post the circuit & codings here to find the error.
  3. slatch

slatch New Member

sir
    i used the code and schematic found in your site in "8051 codes library" and the project name is "AT-PC Keyboard Interfacing with AT89C52" and the problem is i cant see any thing on monitor once i connect it to pc. is there any problem with this circuit or code. if not can you guide me how you interfaced ,that is the logic of code so that i might find the error my self.
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

Use the serial Watcher software to monitor the data on the PC.
  5. slatch

slatch New Member

when i compile your code in keil it gives an error on this line of your code and it says that " BIT adress expected"
    CAPPS_ON: DS 1
    CAAPS BIT CAPPS_ON

this is above KB_OK

secondly please tell me the logic of your code
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

7. slatch

slatch New Member

sir the pin configuration of the ps 2 keyboard in your site is very different than found on any other site. are not these pin configuration standard or they can be maniplate according to use
  8. slatch

slatch New Member

sir, i have tried to assemble it with ride but it is also giving error. please help me as time is quite short as i have to submit it quickly
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

please post the errors which you obtained on the pin diagram and on the program.