1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Infrared Remote Switch Using AT89C2051

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by Schevianne_21, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Schevianne_21

Schevianne_21 New Member

Good day to everyone in this site. I'm a fan of this site. Actually i have an upcoming project and i chose Infrared Remote Switch using AT89C2051. I was looking for the thread concerning this project, but i can't view the page, it says internal server error. So i created another topic. I was kinda hoping you'd be able to help me in this case. I really wanna make this project, i just don't know how to start. Compared to you guys, i'm like a baby just starting to learn how to walk. I have these questions about the circuit and i was hoping that you could answer these. your help would really be appreciated.

1. I was really confused as to which infrared receiver to use, TSOP1738 or 1736, cause i've read a lot of posts on threads similar to this and i got confused.
    2. Correct me if i'm wrong but is the 10k SIP located in the middle of the UC and 74LS04 a Network Resistor?
    3. I would like to know what are DEV1, DEV2, DEV3, DEV4,and DEV5.
    4. Is D5 1N4007?..coz it's obscure, and i just wanna make sure.
    5. What are D1 and D4 for? Is it LED? And why isn't there D2 and D3?
    6. There are B3 and B4 but no B1 and B2, why is it?
    7. There is a label below B4 saying K1-K6=12V/200E Relay, but I can only find K2 in the circuit.

I'm really sorry for these questions but i really can't go on without clearing these out. I would really appreciate your help. By the way, the picture i was refering to is inserted below. Thanks everyone!
    [​IMG]
  2. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

1. I was really confused as to which infrared receiver to use, TSOP1738 or 1736, cause i've read a lot of posts on threads similar to this and i got confused.

it all depends on the carrier freq. of the transmitter remote, in this project TSOP1738 is used

2. Correct me if i'm wrong but is the 10k SIP located in the middle of the UC and 74LS04 a Network Resistor?

Yes, its a 10K resistor network or SIP

3. I would like to know what are DEV1, DEV2, DEV3, DEV4,and DEV5.

DEV2 and DEV3 are 33pF caps and DEV4 and DEV1 are just device names for 74Ls04 and ULN2003

4. Is D5 1N4007?..coz it's obscure, and i just wanna make sure.

Yes, its a 1N4007.

5. What are D1 and D4 for? Is it LED? And why isn't there D2 and D3?

these diodes are "free wheeling diodes" and not LEDs and they protect the darlignton driver transitor inside ULN2003 from back EMF produced by the relays. the circuit shows starting relay connection and ending connection, and it implies that similar connections have to be done for other relays.

6. There are B3 and B4 but no B1 and B2, why is it?

B3...B4 are bulbs and same above explanation holds good here too.

7. There is a label below B4 saying K1-K6=12V/200E Relay, but I can only find K2 in the circuit.

there are six relays ( K1- K6) that have to be connected at the 6 outputs of ULN2003 and only starting and ending relays are shown, similar connections have to be given for other ouputs.

Arun
  3. Schevianne_21

Schevianne_21 New Member

Wow, thanks a lot for that! It was very clear! I really understood that. I'll be ordering the parts now. I sure hope to complete this, my diploma depends on it. Thanks for your help! I'll be asking my questions here soon as i get started with the project. Thanks again and Happy New Year!:D
  4. Schevianne_21

Schevianne_21 New Member

By the way, I was now able to access the other thread on this project and i read your posts. Were you able to make it work now?
  5. Jijesh

Jijesh New Member

Hi sir..
    Do we need to insert 6 sensors for controlling 6 devices or we can control all 6 devices by using one sensor.
    and what type of remote we need to use for this project. sir i need Description of this project.

Pls Pls Pls reply me soon... i am doing it for my final year project.. Please post me as soon as possible....
    Please help me sir...
  6. AHIR PARESH K

AHIR PARESH K New Member

Hi sir..
    Do we need to insert 6 sensors for controlling 6 devices or we can control all 6 devices by using one sensor.
    and what type of remote we need to use for this project. sir i need Description of this project. and also its source code. Pls Pls Pls reply me soon..
  7. Binu

Binu Administrator

One sensor is enough. Use a 90channel remote. The source codes are already there from the projects section.