1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

InfraRed Remote Switch (AT89C2051)

Discussion in 'Doubts in My Projects' started by Binu, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Binu

Binu Administrator

This Project ?INFRARED REMOTE SWITCH USING MICROCONTROLLER? is used to switch on/off the Home Appliances by using a standard Remote control. The system is used to switch on/off upto six electrical devices. All the above processes are controlled by the 8 bit Microcontroller AT89C2051. The Microcontroller receives the Infrared Signal from the receiver and it decodes and switch on/off the appropriate Device. The Range of the system is upto 10 meters. The system works on Phillips RC5 format. The project can switch on/off electrical devices of maximum load current of 5Amperes. High power loads can also be connected by changing the Relay. The Microcontroller is used to receive the Infrared signal from the Transmitter, the received signal is processed by the Microcontroller and according to the signal the corresponding device is switched ON/OFF.
    Program: View attachment ir.zip
  2. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

HEllo Binu!:)

Thank you for responding to my request and posting a new simplified version of IR-remote for 6 devices .

i have built it and found its not working[:0] the same thing happened with your earlier Ir-remote project with Fan

i have assembled your .asm file using ASEM51 with $MOD51 as header and it produced hex file with no errors.

also i have tried 5 different brand remotes but no success[:0]

i have connected 6 leds (Led's anode to 5V and Cathode to Port pin) to Port 1 and a indicator LED to P3.7

when a button on remote is pressed only a led connected to P3.7 (CPL P3.7) toggles and there is no output on Port1

i have uploaded the Pics of my project pl check here

http://photos.yahoo.com/nura1002003

i really want this project to work

arun
  3. Binu

Binu Administrator

When you buy the Remote please ask for 90channel Remote. It works fine on 90channel remotes. The 90channel remotes which are used for assembled TV sets.

J.Binu
  4. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

Hello Binu

i'll try with 90 channel remote as you suggest !

iam keeping my fingers crossed,hope it works

arun
  5. dpkmkeng

dpkmkeng New Member

how to build a transmitter
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

Its a readymade 90channel TV remote

J.Binu
  7. Basappa

Basappa New Member

hai binu,

H r u sir ?

i am designing this ir remote, in this i need zero cross detector, i am searching for IC, instead of discrete components, if any IC avaliable in the market, plz give any information.

With Ragards
    Basappa
  8. Basappa

Basappa New Member

hai sir,

i need zero crossing detector in IC, give some infomation about this
  9. Binu

Binu Administrator

Its very difficult to get such a IC. I think there is no such a IC for detectin the zero crossing. You must do it with op-amp and some discrete components.

J.Binu
    Click here to get free 8051 Codes
  10. appkadost2002

appkadost2002 New Member

sir i cant get tsop 1736. can i use any general IR receiver???