1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

External Hardware to connect to GSM phone. USB or Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Bluetooth' started by apple-gate, Jan 11, 2010.

1. apple-gate

apple-gate New Member

Dear Binu,

Appreciate your great help to other members.

I have a project for which I would like to get your advice. I would like to connect a sensor through a microcontroller to a GSM phone. (I have HTC with winmobile, but I would like to use it with other OS e.g. Nokia phones)
    What do you suggest USB or bluetooth? I've read your topic about driving relays with mobile through Bluetooth, but I am wondering if the communication can be the other way around.

Best Wishes,
    Tamas
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

You can use Bluetooth its easy. But you need an serial bluetooth module for it.
  3. apple-gate

apple-gate New Member

So with the serial BT module I can read & write data to GSM phone? How can I get the AT command set for HTC Touch Diamond 2 and other phones? Do you have a useful link?
    How can I access the mobile phone RAM by the BT module?
    Regards,
    Tamas
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

You have to write an mobile application to read the data from mobile and send to the bluetooth module.
    Search google for writing program for the windows mobile.
  5. hero_hont

hero_hont New Member

In model mobile have bluetooth. We can search internet know your mobile software and setup..