1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Digital Speedometer Help...

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by sss_sam89, Nov 21, 2009.

1. sss_sam89

sss_sam89 New Member

hello sir,
    i m doing project on digital speedometer...Mine question is...
    When the speed of the vehicle goes above the certain limit say 60km/hr,then certain type of signal should be generated which will be input 2 mine other circuit indicating that speed is above the limit...whether this is possible in the digital speedometer without designing new speedometer???If yes then how???If not then can u give me certain idea about how 2 do this???speedometer can be of any indian vehicle...
    waiting for reply... SAM...(sss_sam89@yahoo.com)
    Tags:
  2. Arun Kumar V

Arun Kumar V Member

Hello sam,

First, let me get few things straight,
    1) you have already designed a digital speedometer ?
    2) i did not get it when you say "whether this is possible in the digital speedometer without designing new speedometer???"

yes, it is possible to incorporate the speed limit warning in the main speedo code itself without any other additional hardware.

check my digital Speedometer cum odometer project published in november -2008 issue of "EFY". you can modify the source code to your requirements.

Arun
  3. Shiv ramteke

Shiv ramteke New Member

Help me....

Hello sir can u please send me the code for digital speedo meter which was published in nov 2008 issue. please send me as quick as possible I will be greatful to you, I am unable to find the cd of that issue.. please help me..
    -----shiv.ramteke@gmail.com
  4. gaurav.k

gaurav.k Moderator

have u made the ckt board completely
    ihave send u the mail with required files

i to have started making this project but i dont have the programmer for 20 pin micro
    so i find a equivalent ckt with 40 pin micro and made this project to see visit www.gkselectronics.blogspot.com

if u r thingking to modify the project plz tell me that which type of modification u have done
  5. Shiv ramteke

Shiv ramteke New Member

thanks

thanks a lot,
    I haven't made the circuit yet, is there any difficulty in making the circuit..?
  6. gaurav.k

gaurav.k Moderator

the ckt have no problem and is easy to understand
    u have to print the pcb with good technique
    after printing the pcb trace the track i mean compre wtih the layout
    b careful during soldering

no is no difficulty in making the circuit
    but if u will do it carelessly the there will b difficulty
  7. riplid

riplid New Member

Hello
    I would be grateful if you send me the code in e-mail.
    My e-mail address: riplosz@gmail.com
    Thanks a lot.
  8. gaurav.k

gaurav.k Moderator

i have added a download link on my blog
  9. Shiv ramteke

Shiv ramteke New Member

Hello Gaurav sir,
    I have completed the Speedometer circuit and Its working fine...
    ..Now I just Want to make some Modifications in the code Such that for 1 rotation i will get 100 meters..the actual code is to show 100 meters i,e 00000.1 for 52 Rotations..
  10. abhinrao

abhinrao New Member

Source code

Arun Kumar V Sir, i am unable to find the source code for speedometer cum odometer in efy nov 2008.
    Can u please send me the code for digital speedo meter which was published in nov 2008 issue.
    Please help me... abhin