1. You can now buy finished microcontroller project from us, Check out the Store for the complete list of projects.
  2. Need a custom project, Send us some details about your project. So that we can quote the price for it.

Automatic Room Light Controller (Visitor Counter)

Discussion in 'Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews' started by Gayan Soyza, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Gayan Soyza

Gayan Soyza New Member

Hi binu ji I am designing a similar project like your automatic room light controller.
    (Visitor counter)
    I’m in the half way mark. The program depends on the sensor distance. I have two methods.

Method1
    I have only two sensors like your one. In my program the sensors placed very closely even a finger passes the both sensors detected. There is no space to move an object in between the sensors (floating state).this method working well.

Method2
    If I increase the distances between the two sensors there is a possibility to go into a floating state micro starts thinking whether it’s going in or going out.

Example: If the sensors are too long if a finger moves & stay in between both sensors micro wants to think whether it’s going in or going out. Then after the finger crossing the first sensor & again coming to the middle.

This is the place I got stucked. A normal increment & decrement coding not allowed in this case.

How did you place your both sensors? Any hints from your coding?

Thanks
  2. Binu

Binu Administrator

Place the 2 sensors in such a way that the distance between the 2 sensors is .7 to 1 meter.
    Then it will work fine. If you want to keep both sensors nearby then you take off 1 transmitter. and the other 1 transmitter is ok for both sensors.

J.Binu
    Click here to get free 8051 Codes
  3. Gayan Soyza

Gayan Soyza New Member

Hi binu thanks for the instant reply. I have plenty doubts regarding that so be patient.

I like to place the sensors 1m width. what is 0.7 does it inches you mean?

If somebody walks & passed the 1st sensor (already cleared the first sensor completely & now he is in the middle) .Now he is moving to the 2nd sensor & stay standing in front of 2nd sensor. Again he comes back to the middle of the position now what’s the result?

Did it increment by one?
    This is the place I got stucked.

Any idea.
  4. Binu

Binu Administrator

its 0.7meter

The count should be incremented when some one interrupts sensor 1 and then we should watch the sensor 2. The micro should wait until the person crosses the sensor 2.

J.Binu
    Click here to get free 8051 Codes
  5. thangs

thangs New Member

i downloaded program from http://www.8051projects.info for automatic light control with visitor ccounter,

but no output from the uc , please give correct code
  6. Binu

Binu Administrator

its correct code, what you got on the display.
  7. souravpathak

souravpathak New Member

pls help..

i want the programe using micro c programe using 16x2 lcd connection........the connection is made as
    //for LCD
    P2=LCD data pins
    sbit rs = P3^2;
    sbit rw = P3^1;
    sbit en = P3^0;

//for input of sensor
    sbit i1 = P1^0;
    sbit i2 = P1^1;
    // for relay
    sbit relay = P1^3;
  8. achyuthkk

achyuthkk New Member

what are the sensors used here
  9. achyuthkk

achyuthkk New Member

if any insect or thing is passed or thrown through the sensors it will count.. how can we eradicate this prob..
  10. Binu

Binu Administrator

Small insects wont create problems.